A Prayer That Avails Much

Sunday, November 7th, 2010

Today's Passage: Joshua 1
Memory Verse: Josh. 1: 8, 14 and15

Father, I arise this morning grateful that You have set me up to be blessed.  Before the foundation of the world, You decided that You would leave an inheritance for me and my children's children that would make You famous in the earth.  I want to acknowledge that You are not slack concerning Your promise, but through Your mercy have had to slow down the process so that You can teach me to walk in dominion over the enemy in all things.

Today, I declare that I will be strong and courageous.  I will unite with my brothers and sisters in preparation for the rain.  I embrace whole-heartedly the mandate to follow every Word in Your law.  I will meditate in it day and night, consuming it like bread and drinking it like water in order to live abundantly.  I will honor the place Your Word has in my life, guarding its truths from the thief who comes to steal, kill and destroy so that it will be carried down from generation to generation in my family.

Father, I also recognize that You do not honor personal destiny above corporate destiny.  In other words, You will not allow me to "get mine" first, knowing that my tendency may be to forget about the ones who fought alongside me to help me get there.  So I will remain in battle formation with my brothers and sisters, fighting for and with them until we ALL come into this promised land.  Let Your Spirit remind us all of our need for one another as part of Your body.  Before we even get to Your sanctuary this morning, cause us to be drawn to You in worship so that our individual droplets of rain may connect to speed the process of condensation and precipitation.  

We're excited about how mightily You will show Yourself in our midst today.  We live to ever glorify You.  In Jesus' Name, Amen! 

No comments: