Already Saved The Day!

Saturday November 20, 2010

Let me ask you a question: Who was your childhood hero?  As you take time to think, let's consider the definition.  Hero is defined as "of distinguished courage or ability; a person who has performed heroic acts".  So whether your hero was Superman, Wonder Woman, your mom, an aunt, or an uncle, you chose them because they (in your eyes) displayed distinguished courage and ability.  Now, who's hero are YOU?

How did your hero become your hero?  I'll tell you.  They became your hero because they stood out.  Their character/behavior caught your attention and you subsequently watched them.  You studied them.  With that being said, don't get confused when I ask you whose hero you are.  I'm not suggesting you've been perfect or trying to get you to go on a pride walk.  All I'm saying is since you've been totally devoted to God, someone's been watching you.  Oh yeah, you don't know it.  You may not ever know unless they win a prostigeous award or something like that.  But they're watching you my friend.  They see what you do when you're on the mountaintop, and likewise, they watch you when you're in the valley.  If you're 30+ years of age, you might remember the old Batman episodes.  Remember how every episodes ended?  Batman (and Robin) were always tied up or knocked out somewhere.  Their enemy seemed to have the upper hand.  It was all I could do to wait for next week's show.  When it finally aired, Batman would use that famous line that I feel Christians should add to their vocabulary.  He said "If I could only reach my utility belt".  Yes!  See, that belt contained everything they needed to assure freedom.  Instead of crawling into a hole and giving up when we're in danger, we need to say "If I could get to my praise.  If I could get to my Word.  We would be able to assure our freedom.  Also, if you chose a realistic person (Mom, Grandmother, Father, Grandfather), you chose that person because they performed heroic acts.  They made the most out of a little.  They showed love in the face of persecution, or they provided out of their lack.  All these things are what heroes do everyday. 

So whose hero are you?  You don't have to leap off tall buildings, or run faster than locomotives.  All you have to do stay totally devoted to God.  Love Him always, and seek to walk in the supernatural.  Develop a passion to see the sick healed.  Have a passion to see the lost redeemed.  In doing these things, you'll be some child's, some co-worker's, or some family member's hero.  It's that simple.  Have a great weekend!

Prayer: Father, You are my hero.  You have saved the day for me more than I can remember.  Now, let me walk in Your likeness.  Let me be what You made.  And as I follow You, let someone follow me.  I'll do my best to lead them straight to You...in Jesus' name Amen.

No comments: