Strategic God II

Thursday September 16, 2010
Today's Passage: Psalm 37: 1-9
Memory Verses: Ps. 37:5-6

Have you given up yet trying to count the complex ways God blesses His children? I know I have. I was telling you all about the miraculous ways being made for me to get to my mother's funeral, and the story is really just beginning. How did I get my visa? At two in the morning our time, one of my sisters was able to get a government official to issue one from Liberia to allow me to travel. Hurdle one million overcome.

Now on to hurdle one million one. We were trying to pack last-minute items and make it to the airport at least two hours before flight time because of how many people usually overcrowded the check-in lines. My sister and I had five large bags between us, and would have to pay at least two hundred dollars for each bag that went over fifty pounds. So as you can imagine, we were a little more than tense when we arrived at the airport.

When we walked in, there were no more than ten customers in the entire area around the Delta Airline check-in counter. We thought everyone may have already checked in, or may not have arrived yet. What happened over the next few minutes is a bonified miracle that we witnessed with our own eyes. The man checked out our travel documents with no problems, then proceeded to weigh the bags. Two of them were exactly fifty-two pounds, so he let them go through as they were. But the next three bags needed to be reduced, so guess who did that?  The attendant not only weighed each bag, but helped us take out the extra weight, even going so far as to weigh individual items so that we would know which ones weighed the most. WHERE IN THE WORLD DOES ANYONE DO THAT AT AN AIRPORT? After a while, the attendant even made the comment that he didn't know why he was spending so much time with just us. In the end, every bag except one went through without us having to pay for excess. That might not sound like a miracle to you, but here's the bottom line.

If there had been the usual large number of people, the attendant would never have taken the time to help us. We would have been stuck with trying to re-arrange our bags on our own, and may have even missed our flight. As we walked away, my sister still trying to figure out where all the people were, I suddenly realized what God had done. We were traveling on a day when many people were not brave enough to travel: September 11th! That's why the usual crowd was nowhere to be found, and that's why we were able to receive such personal service from the attendant. If you have ANY doubt whatsoever that God is not just standing idly by while you struggle to accomplish His will, here's the evidence to set your mind at ease. When your steps are ordered, NOTHING can stand in your way. On that you can depend.


Prayer: Father, forgive me for ever doubting that You are God alone. I want to walk so closely with You and trust You every step of the way. Guide my life and use me always to bring about Your purpose on this earth. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: