Purposed!!!

Friday September 24, 2010

Today's Passage: Isaiah 61
Memory Verse: Is. 61: 1

On Tuesday of this week, I had an opportunity to stop by the church in Monrovia where I worshipped as a younger person. After 20 plus years, I was so amazed that my choir director thought I might have something to say as a means of imparting words of encouragement. Then I realized, with what has been imparted to me as a minister, I did have something to say. What I shared went something like this:

You were created for a PURPOSE.

God has a Plan for your life, and He will fulfill it if you give Him first place. God's plan for me began from the age of 4, when I started to sing, up until about 17 when the war came. I left Monrovia and went to Phebe, then went to Senegal before going to the States. In every one of those places, He found a way for me to praise Him through song. I had made up my mind at a young age that I would only sing for God, and I have always held on to that conviction to this day.  Based on that, you must have a PASSION for what you do, because you don't know where the Lord is going to use you. Don't wait for your circumstances to be better before you give your best. Give your best, and the circumstances will change because of you.

Be FAITHFUL over a few things, and God will make you ruler over many things. Don't take for granted the leaders that God has placed over you. Respect them and support them, or else when you become leaders, you cannot reap from soil that you did not sow into.  Use what you've been given, and the Lord will multiply it. What's inside of you? Begin to write NOW if you've got the gift to write. Start teaching those around you NOW if you've got the desire to teach. Whatever you have been anointed to do, commit it to the Lord, and He will bring it to pass.

Finally, if you haven't already done so, accept the Lord Jesus into your heart. Only He can make your plans succeed. He's the only One Who can bring meaning to everything you're trying to accomplish. He created you and knows more about you than you think you know about yourself. I come to testify that, as much as I loved to sing before the war, I was only going through the motions. I didn't really know the God I was singing about in a personal way. Then, in 1989 when the war came, I knew that if I died I wasn't going to Heaven. The Lord continued to tug on my heart until I gave Him my life in 1991. Ever since then, God has given me fulfillment unlike what I've ever known.

Prayer: Father, thank You for the opportunity to share what You've done in my life with others. May it always stand as a testimony of Your awesome love and grace. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: