Our Strategic God

Monday, September 13th, 2010

Today's Passage: Psalm 33
Memory Verses:  Ps. 33:18-20

Can you ever put a number to the blessings God gives us?  The highest number you could think of would never even come close.  Every blessing is like an enormous compound made up of tinier blessings which add up to how awesome our God is.  Case in point: my plans to travel overseas to meet my family and celebrate the home going of my mother.

It began with the quest of a passport, which I had put off getting for more than five years after getting my citizenship.  I was told I needed proof of citizenship, which would be my naturalization certificate.  I always kept it in the same place in a bright red folder, but when I went to look, it wasn't there.  This realization set off a series of sometimes tiring and tense moments that reminded me of my constant need for the Father's covering and favor.

Long story short, I finally got an appointment to appear at the passport office in Washington, D.C, where I was already going in order to meet up with my sister.  When I got to the office, I received the passport after showing proof of the urgency of my trip.  Everything was fine until that evening, less than 12 hours before we were due to travel.   I found out that, although I had an American passport, I would not even be allowed to leave the States unless I had a visa to gain entry into Liberia.  Why hadn't anyone even mentioned that to me before now?  Here was another opportunity for some tense and tiring moments that I'll have to share with you tomorrow.

But at the end of the day, I'm sitting here in the Atlanta International Airport, waiting for the plane that's taking us to Liberia to arrive.  How did it happen?  Through a series of calculated and specific maneuvers from my Daddy God, Who put it all together just to show His love for me.  If you're in a midnight hour situation today (and even if you're not), know that God is ALWAYS working, and that each detail has been carefully planned out.  Your steps are ordered, and if you'll stand, you'll see the whole plan unfold right before your very eyes.  Our God is a Strategic God.

Prayer: Father, once again You have proven to me that because I serve and am completely devoted to You, nothing about my life is left up to chance.  It's been amazing to see praise flow from the lips of those around me as You performed Your marvels.  Here's another reason I'll never stop praising You for the rest of my life.  In Jesus' Precious Name, Amen.

No comments: