He Already Saved The Day!

Saturday September 18, 2010

Today's Passage: Psalms 68:1-4
Memory Verse: Same

Happy Saturday Td Nation!  I pray you have the opportunity to do something fun for yourself and/or your family today.  Take some time to "stop and smell the roses".  Enjoy a walk in the cool of the day with your spouse.  Go ahead, you owe it to yourself. 

As a kid, I remember Saturdays mornings were time to see my favorite action heros.  I'd line up all my action figures and watch their cartoons on TV.  I'd of course always wander what it'd be like to have "super powers".  I'd want to be able to run at the speed of light, or block bullets with my hand.  I definitely wished I could fly, and lift a thousand tons (lol).  You get my point, everybody loves a good action hero.  They never had to be afraid of anything.  Why?  They knew what they could do to the enemy.  There'd be episodes where they'd have to battle a 50ft giant with lasers coming out of his eyes.  But they still were confident that the victory would be theirs.   Remember the episodes where they'd be tied up and lying across railroad tracks?  Remember when they'd be unconscience and almost at death's door?  Their confidence never wained.  They just knew they'd win.  The good thing about my adult life is I truly have an "Action Hero" now.  He's God.  I don't have to worry if He's gonna win or lose.  He'll never fall into the hands of His enemies or lose His super power.  "Up with God!  Down with His enemies.  Adversaries, run for the hills!  Gone like a puff of smoke, like a blob of wax in the fire--one look at God and  the wicked vanish.  When the righteous see God in "action" they'll laugh, they'll sing, they'll laugh and sing for joy.  Sing hymns to God, all Heaven, sing out; clear the way for the coming of Cloud-Rider.  Enjoy God, cheer when you see Him" (Psalm 68:1-4 Mess.).  He's my hero.  He's always there when I need to be bailed out of a situation.  He's never lost a fight.  He's stronger than the strongest and bigger than the biggest.  As a matter of fact, greater is He who is within me, than he who is in the world. 

I challenge you to let God be your hero.  He's got everything you need.  Depressed?  He's the lifter of your head.  Poor?  He's your source and provider.  Sick?  He's your healer.  Lost?  Jesus said my sheep hear my voice and they follow Me.  What does all that mean?  He's your hero baby....He's already saved the day!
Have a great Saturday.....

Prayer:  Father I thank You for saving and keeping me.  The enemy would love nothing more than an opportunity to destroy me, but You won't let him.  Keep me in Your care.  I am Your forever Lord, in Jesus' name, Amen!
   

No comments: