Why Not You?

Monday, September 6th, 2010

Today's Passage:Matthew 10: 1-4
Memory Verse: Matt. 10:1

As we see time "winding up", it's becoming increasingly important for us to ask ourselves, "God, please show me what I'm here for". If you call yourself a Christian, then you are a modern-day disciple.  And if God has called you, He's equipped you to accomplish SOMETHING for His kingdom. And if He's equipped you, He's getting ready to send you SOMEWHERE.  Not a single disciple is given power for no reason.

The anointing comes with a purpose.  Jesus called the twelve, and when He called them, He gave them POWER against unclean spirits as well as power to heal.  If you are everything we've described above, you have the power to heal, save, and deliver those in need.  Many of you might say, "Me?  How can this be, since I'm the least of them?  How can I go forth, since I'm not as spiritual as Sister So-and-So?"

If that is your excuse for not walking in the calling, take a look at some of the disciples who walked with Jesus.  Simon Peter, bold and brash, usually acted without thinking and was always opening his big mouth.  Then, when it was time for him to stand for Christ in the most needy moment, what did he do?  He bailed out!  He denied the Lord whom he loved with all his heart!  And yet God still used him to carry His anointing.

What about Thomas?  You remember him, don't you?  The big doubter, the one who just had to see before he believed.  Why would Jesus decide to put him in the bunch with all the others?  We'll be talking about others who seem to have fallen short of God's calling.  But let's focus on YOU today.  Why NOT you?  Every trial you've endured has been designed to be used to help someone else.  It's not just how far away you can get from who you USED to be; it's how COMPLETELY you're willing to let God use you to minister to others because of your yesterday.  Ask God to use you no matter how tempted you are to feel about yourself.  Whatever's in you, release it to the Potter's hand today.

Prayer: if You can use anything, Lord You can use me.  Take my hands and my feet.  Touch my heart and speak through me.  I'm Yours--what I am and even what I'm not.  Let Your glory be poured out in my life.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.  

No comments: