Open Communication!

Thursday September 2, 2010

Today's Passage: Daniel 10:12-14 (Message) 
Memory Verse: Same

I was watching a movie the other day about the American Navy.  It seems the seaman on a submarine were given the assignment of finding some "decoders" the German army was using to break and/or decipher American codes.  If the decoders weren't found and captured, American naval officers would not have been able to give instruction to their subs and ships.

My Friends, in the midst of a war, the battle sometimes hinges on the ability to communicate.  Our method of communication in this spiritual battle is prayer, praise, and worship.  These communication devices allow us to get God's attention, prepare us for His instruction, and subsequently respond to what He's said.  However, the enemy has decoders that hinder our communication with God.  Some of these decoders come in the form of complacency, distraction, and everyday cares of life.  He makes us feel tired when we're planning to pray.  There seems to be thousands of things on our minds when we're called into worship.  Also, when God wants us to praise Him with joy, we can only remember how sad we are.

We have to find these decoders and destroy them.  We cannot walk in victory if we can't communicate with God.  Daniel 10:12-14 (Message) says "Relax Daniel, don't be afraid.  From the moment you decided to humble yourself to receive understanding, your prayer was heard, and I set out to come to you.  But I was waylaid by the angel-prince of the kingdom of Persia and was delayed for a good three weeks".  See! Daniel's prayers had been held up for three weeks before his answer arrived.  Even so, Daniel didn't give up.  He didn't quit praying.  His perseverance was rewarded with a victory for him and his people.  So find the devil's decoders in your life and destroy them.  Always be in communication with the Father....and victory will be yours!

Prayer:  Father I need to hear Your voice everyday.  Therefore, I won't let distractions keep me from pursuing You.  Speak to me God.  Let me know what You want me to do, or where You want me to go so I can win this battle with You....in Jesus' name. Amen              

  

No comments: