Please Don't Touch The Art!!!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Today's Passage: Isaiah 64:8
Memory Verse: Same

Ever look into the mirror and make a list of all the things you'd change about yourself? Everybody's got something they'd like to be: thinner or smaller, wider or smoother. Changing the body has gone from a tool used for helping accident victims to being a social trend. Now, I'm not here to criticize plastic surgery. My message is more spiritual in its context anyway. I'm here to remind you that your life has a design perfectly sculpted by God, and therefore should not be tampered with.

I remember being on a school field trip to the museum. Every exhibit we saw was so very well put together, we wanted to touch them. But as you know, you're not allowed to touch the art in the museum. Why not? It's because only the touch of the original artist can keep it valuable. Our passage for the day says God is the potter and we are the clay. We are God's workmanship. He molded us to be exactly what He wants. He wants us to be bold but broken, mature but new, and strong but dependant. All we have to do is stick to the design. We have to stay totally devoted. We can't allow God's art to be tampered with. We can't give in to just anyone or anything. God's art has to be preserved. It has to be kept in its valuable state. When you allow the world to tamper with you, it messes with your authenticity. It messes with the product. And God's not going to put His signature on something that's not His, something strange, or something that's been mixed or tainted.

I challenge you today to be what God made. Again, I'm not just talking about outside stuff. I'm also talking about the character He shaped into you, the mind He shaped into you, and the attitude He shaped into you. Don't try to add to His design. It's perfect just the way it is....

Prayer:
Father, I want to always be made in Your image. Mold and make me into what You want me to be. I'll carefully walk in Your ways. I want to be like You. I want to be used by You. I want to make You famous. Let me stay in Your care so I can produce after You and Your kingdom, in Jesus' name...Amen!

No comments: