Oh, Yes You Can!!!

Today's Passage: Acts 9:1-2
Memory Verse: Acts 9:15

Thursday April 15, 2010

Hello Friends & Lifers!!! What if I told you God wanted to use you to do great and mighty things? Well, He does. God has a specific plan for your life. He didn't save you just to exist. He saved you to be a world-changer, a champion, and a vessel of His. Now, I know what you're thinking. You're thnking, "Me"? "You couldn't be talking about me". "I've done way too much in my past".

My Friends, when you accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior, everything in your past was extinguished. Those things no longer have a place in your life. As a matter of fact, the only reason they haunt you is because the enemy wants to keep you bound in the very prison God delivered you from. Now this is the "new you"! And the new you says "I am free from the sins of my past". Remember Paul? Noone had a shadier past than he did. His past life was such a contrast to his new life, God had to literally change his name. When his name was Saul, he, under the authority of the chief priest, bound and killed christians (Acts 9:1-2). It's one thing to be a sinner, it's another thing to be a sinner who persecutes the saved. But the day came when he met Jesus. Jesus knocked him off a horse and changed his life with one statement: "I am Jesus...."! Here's where you come in. After Jesus saved Saul and changed his name to Paul, there was more to be done. He could no longer be identified by his past. Jesus said to Ananias, concerning Paul, "he is a chosen vessel of Mine, to bear my name before the gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel" (Acts 9:15). And you say God won't use you because you've done too much? I say what He did through Paul He'll do through you...and more.

I challenge you today to seek God for what He wants you to do. He saved you, created you, and even changed your name. Now what? He wants you to go, be relevant, and produce after the kingdom. He loves you inspite of your past. There's ministry inside you with a specific assignment for a specific people. Don't think you can do it? Oh yes you can.

Prayer:
Father I thank you for delivering me from my past. Only You can give my life such meaning and purpose. Give me the strength to accept my assignment with courage and faith. Today, I choose to fulfill the call You've placed on my life, now, and forever more. In Jesus' name...Amen.

No comments: