Can I Get A Witness?

Today's Passage: Acts 22:15

Memory Verse: Acts 26:16

Thursday April 8, 2010

Blessings Friends & Lifers! Question: if something were to happen in your immediate surroundings and you needed to report it, would you be a good witness? To witness is to see, hear, or know by personal experience or perception. Think about something you've heard before. Can you attest to its truth with assurity? Maybe not, right? Now think of something you saw or exerienced. Can you attest to that with an assurity? Without a doubt!

God has a purpose for everything He creates. He said in Acts 22:15 "you will be His(Jesus) witness to all men of what you have seen and heard". God created the witness to share His goodness to those who may not visit a church or read a bible. Why? Because a witness' testimony will always hold more weight than an account read or heard. The two main characterisics of the true witness is you can't convince them that they didn't see what they saw, and they don't have trouble telling what they exprienced. So, in being true witnesses for Christ, we should be more confident than someone following other gods. Afterall, you've seen and exprienced what a real God can do. Also, witnesses for Christ look forward to sharing their experience with others. God's word says to rise and stand on your feet; for He has appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minster and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which He will yet reveal to you (Acts 26:16).

I challenge you to enhance your ability to witness today. You don't have to preach a 3-part sermon, or quote 20 scriptures. All a witness has to do is tell someone what they've seen or experienced. Who can argue with that? God has done awesome things in your life. He's blessed you in ways words couldn't adequately express. He knows we'd never be able to repay what He's given, so all He asks is that we do a simple thing that doesn't take much at all.......be a witness!

Prayer:
Father you are so faithful to me. I want to be a part of Your kingdom. I want everyone to know You like I know You. I speak to the witness inside me and I say "Arise". There are people who need to know You Jesus, and the only way they will is if I speak up and stand out. So I commit myself to finding ways to be a witness for you.....in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: