Cover Me, In Recovery!!!

Today' Passage: Revelations 1:18

Memory Verse: Galatians 2:20

Saturday April 3, 2010

Blessings, Friends & Lifers! Today's devotional calls our attention to day two of resurrection weekend. As you know, yesterday Jesus was crucified on the cross for claiming to be a king. People watched as He took His last breath while hanging by His nailed hands & feet between 2 thieves. Because it was the Sabbath, there was no time to prepare for the proper rituals of mourning. So there He laid in wait. But was it wait, or was it recovery?

As Jesus laid in that cold, dark tomb, I'd like to think there were 3 things He wanted us to know. (1) Sometimes you find your purpose in the "darkest" hour of your situation. If Jesus hadn't allowed them to break His flesh, He would not have died, become "Spirit", and subsequently fulfilled His mission. He said in Revelations 1:18, "I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forever. And I have the keys of Hades(hell) and of death". (2) Not being able to "see" may be the avenue to your greatest vision. Jesus' natural eyes were rendered useless. So being able to percieve the darkness of the tomb was nullified. Also, natural eyesight would only show Him the lie of how "alone" He was, not the truth of His ever-present Father. (3) New life only comes after something old has died. Jesus said "destroy this temple and in 3 days I will raise it up again" (John 2:19). Paul summed it up by saying "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer "I" who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh, I now live by faith in the Son of God" (Galatians 2:20). If you want a life that's free from the bondage of sin, your old nature; which are your attitudes, habits, and mindsets, must die.

So, if you're experiencing persecution even though you've done everything the right way, and every ounce of strength seems to be leaving you, the challenge today is to ask God to cover you while you recover with His love and grace. Go ahead, say it..."cover me, while I'm in recovery". Now ask God to cover you while you recover your zeal to pursue Him. Ask Him to cover you while you recover the strength you lost in that broken relationship. You can even ask God to cover you as you learn how to breathe again. So many things and people have stifled your ability to receive a fresh breath of life and energy. Through God, you can recover that ability. So don't give up on your purpose and destiny. Where would we be if Jesus had given up before completing the process? C'mon, just cause you're down, doesn't mean you're out!!!

Prayer:
Lord, I rejoice in the power of Your resurrection. As your body lay still in that borrowed tomb, Your spirit is alive and conquering death as we speak. I'll never be able to thank You enough for what you've done for me. Because You overcame, I overcome....forever and ever!!!! In Your name I pray, Amen

No comments: