Bigger Is Better!!!

Today's Passage: 1 Chronicles 4:10

Memory Verse: Same

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Blessings, Friends & Lifers! Look around. What do you see? Is it that same office, or that same house, or same life? Is what you see the same thing you've been looking at for years and years? I'm not suggesting there's something wrong with your life, I'm suggesting there's something small about your space. I'll explain.....

It is our priority as Christians to be kingdom-minded. We should always have our minds on growth, touching more, and doing more. So if we're all kingdom-minded, how big is the kingdom? If we're all kingdom-minded, what kind of territory are we talking about? My Friends, is your mind always consumed with the things that only concern you? Does your world shut down if one little thing is out of place? If so, that makes your territory very small. You can't make it in this world trying to be an island unto yourself. It takes a nation of selfless citizens to build this kingdom on Earth as it is in Heaven. In 1 Chronicles 4:10, Jabez asked God to keep him from evil, keep him from causing pain, bless him, and enlarge his territory. I think Jabez got the formula right. He knew the only way he could go beyaond where he was, or keep from being stuck in one place, he had to first stay away from evil and not cause anyone pain. We have to understand our lives are connected one way or the other. We need each other to survive. So if you want bigger territory, or a better life, think outside the box.

I challenge you to let your love reach out beyond your own borders. The more you develop a passion for the plight of others, the more God will intervene on the things that cause you concern. Allow God to show you His will. You'll find He has so much compassion for the people who need Him. Ask Him to show you where ministry is needed; then fulfill it. If you do, God will have to give you bigger territory to minister in. And bigger territory comes with bigger benefits.

Prayer: Father I realize I need to focus more on things other than myself. With Your help, I'll dedicate myself to the expansion of Your kingdom rather than my own selfish will. Help me be sensitive to the needs of my neighbor, and offer them love and fellowship as You instructed. I realize as I make things happen for them, You'll make things happen for me. In Jesus name....Amen!

No comments: