Prayers that Prevail

Sunday, July 24th, 2011

Today's Passage: Ephesians chapter 1
Memory Verse: Ephesians 1: 17

Father, I thank You first of all for making provision for me by blessing me and all of Your children with ALL spiritual blessings in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, just as You chose us in Christ before we even made up our minds to serve You. You decided that You would make a way for us to have access to holiness and justification long before we even had a heart to live for or love You.

Secondly, I'm so grateful that You made us accepted in the Beloved. This means that any amount of rejection that I've ever experienced from strangers or loved ones alike cannot take away from me the fact that I am Yours and You are mine. Everywhere I go, I carry with me the comfort that I am Your temple and You dwell on the inside of me. And not only that, but my relationship with You empowers me to arise above any and every situation that might come against me.

With all this in mind, I pray the prayer that Paul prays in this passage, Father. I ask You for the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of You. Enlighten my understanding to the point that I will know and manifest in my life the hope of Your calling, the riches of the glory of Your inheritance that's been made available to us, and the mighty power that we can walk in just like Jesus walked in it on this earth. You have placed me in heavenly places, above all principality and power of the demonic forces that surround and come against me.

As Your people prepare to come to Your house, We ask You to cleanse us from all unrighteousness that we may have allowed to enter our spirit. Please forgive us for being nearsighted and falling short of the mark You set for us. May our worship and praise of You draw us ever closer to You and the purpose and plan that You have set for us all in Your kingdom. May Your church arise as the answer to every problem caused by sin- sickness in this world. For Your glory alone. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: