Prayers that Prevail

Sunday, July 3rd, 2011

Today's Passage: Proverbs 1: 1-7
Memory Verse: Prov. 1:2-3

Father, I thank You for loving us so much that You refuse to let me stay where I am. You are calling me to use wisdom in my relationships, in my finances, in my health, and in my walk with You. In my relationships, You are calling me to listen more than I speak. Sometimes, my emotions get the better of me and I react based on only half of the information. But Your Word teaches me to esteem others more highly than myself. As I humble myself, You will raise me up.

In my finances, You're calling me to be a good steward over my money. Because I'm a tither and a giver, You've already promised me that the devourer is rebuked for my sake. But wisdom must kick in and manifest itself in the decisions I make. You desire me to be careful not to be swayed by what my eyes see, but to wait until the right season for the things I would like to add to my life physically.

In my health, I'm really believing for a true manifestation of Your wisdom. I ask You to fill me with the desire to feed my spirit more than my flesh. I desire to walk in self- control and eat in moderation. I want to be able to fall out of agreement with foods and activities that are detrimental to my health, and only love what brings me life. I want to learn a healthy balance by getting enough rest for my body, mind and spirit to be rejuvenated.

As I realize more and more that You want these things for my life, I purpose in my heart to align myself with Your perfect will for my life. Be it unto me according to Your Word. May I truly learn to know wisdom and instruction, and to perceive the words of understanding. May my life's quest be to receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, judgment, and equity. And all I do will be for Your glory. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: