Keep it Sweet and Simple!!!!!

Monday, July 25th, 2011

Today's Passage: Matthew chapters 1 & 2
Memory Verses: Matt. 1: 22-23

I've been a believer for a few years now, but I'll be the first to admit that I haven't read the Bible from cover to cover. As a matter of fact, there are some parts I've actually skipped over, especially when it comes to the "begets", as I affectionately call the parts where the genealogy of God's people is recorded. But it didn't really hit me until I asked the question, "Why is that part in the Bible in the first place?" Then I was made to understand that God is making the connection of how well-thought-out God's plan of salvation really is.

While reading today's passage, I received a better understanding of how specific and strategic God was when He chose Abraham to become the father of this new nation through faith. But what's really important to tell people who don't yet know Christ? Is there a set format, a tried and proven approach to witnessing that includes certain information from the Scriptures to share with unbelievers? I believe there is. But before we surround ourselves with methodology of HOW to reach those who don't know Christ, we must be fully convinced of WHY they need to know Him.

The basic principle we have to keep at heart when dealing with the issue of ministering to the lost is this: we have been commissioned to share that God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, Jesus the Christ, to deliver us all from the death we all deserved. Reality? We were bound for the wrath of God originally reserved for the devil and his angels. Miracle? God chose us before the foundation of the world to be adopted as His own through His Son's sacrifice.

With this in mind, our primary purpose in sharing our faith should be this: to let others know what God has done for us. We make what He did of no effect when we make giving others the salvation message all about debates such as the historical background of Christianity, and whether Christ was really born on December 25th or not. What we should be burning to share is how He changed us, saved us, and set us free. That's what drew us to the message: why should it be different for those who haven't yet received Him? Keep it sweet and simple and tell somebody that God IS real. Watch what He does with that testimony.

Prayer: Father, I know where I would be if You hadn't come after me by using those who were bold enough to be obedient and shared what You can do with a life like mine. I bless You from the bottom of my heart, my King. You delivered me when You could've let me die and go to hell, because You had the faith that I would become one of Abraham's children. Help me keep it sweet and simple in sharing this faith in You, rather than keep it to myself. Use me to so minister how good You are, and how much You love us, that it will yield a harvest of righteousness for the kingdom. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: