Just Taste and See!

Saturday, July 9th, 2011

Today's Passage: Romans 10
Memory Verse: Rom. 10: 9-10

After spending two nights in a workshop called "12 Gates of Restoration", I've gained much insight into the world of the broken and bound. First, individuals have to come face to face with the fact that they need help with the addiction or problem that's keeping them in bondage. Then, they must be able to look inward and face the issue that's causing pain. Slowly but surely, the individuals being led into full recovery establish a foundation with twelve gates of virtuous living to replace the lifetime of selfish existence they had before seeking recovery.

Something else that strikes me about this particular program is that it's completely based on the Word of God. Everyday, the ladies make a declaration from Deuteronomy 28 that outline the promises of God. It gives them an opportunity to experience faith that comes by hearing. The more they hear who they are, the more they can believe that they can reach for the truth and become what they're declaring. It didn't take long for me to realize that this is necessary no matter whether we are struggling with addictions or not.

God has given us awesome creative power, just like Him. It's like His Word is hanging like fruit on a healthy tree, and all we have to do is reach out and take a bite of it. There's really no limit to how much we eat, and once we take it in, it's a part of us forever. No-one can erase or remove that word in any way. So when we declare it, and believe that it will come to pass even as we speak it, the same miracle of eating a luscious fruit from the tree of life will occur in the spirit as it does in the natural.

Today, as you arise, may God's Word be the fruit that you taste and consume. Then, once you've digested it, you can regurgitate it and watch it grow wherever you plant it. You can speak and declare salvation for loved ones, deliverance for those struggling with unforgiveness and pain, and restoration for relationships. Just taste and see that His Word is good, and everywhere we sow it, it SHALL bear more fruit.

Prayer: Father, I thank You that the moment I confessed Your Word and believed it could save me, You immediately responded by coming into my life. Now, I apply the goodness of Your Word to every other area of my life. I declare that I SHALL accomplish everything You intended for me and my family. I give You glory for everything You're going to get out of my life. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: