Faith Declaration #3

Friday, July 22nd, 2011

Today's Passage: Proverbs 3: 1-26
Memory Verses: Prov. 3: 5-7

Father, time and time again I see that the success of every area of my life depends on my willingness to trust Your every Word. I admit that in many things, I acknowledge that You are the only answer, and surrendering to Your way of seeing it and walking it out is my only option. But there are still some areas in which success is not so evident or easy to come by. And that's when I have to be honest with myself and acknowledge that I still depend on my own methods, which are sure to fail.

Now that I've gotten to the end of myself, and have become just plain tired of doing it my way and achieving absolutely no success in stubborn areas, I'm ashamed to say I haven't done what this passage clearly spells out: I haven't TRUSTED You with ALL my heart. I haven't LEANED on Your thoughts and ideas rather than my own. And I certainly haven't acknowledged You in ALL my ways. As a matter of fact, there have been times when my actions have spoken louder than any words ever could. My actions have communicated to You that I don't want Your input in this particular area because I'd prefer to keep gratifying my flesh and its desires.

But from this moment on, I make a faith declaration that I will no longer make these decisions, thus resulting in the failures I've seen on numerous occasions in my life. I pull on Your Grace to be more than sufficient to sustain me in times when I have to pull my flesh out of depending on itself. I declare that I will trust You enough to invite You to speak when I get ready to make decisions about the big as well as little things, because it's the little foxes that spoil the vine in the lives of Your people.

I give You free reign in ALL of my life, God. I no longer want control in any area. I desire to hear Your voice no matter where I am or what I'm doing. I will no longer lock You out of the areas in my life I thought I could handle. Please be Lord and tell me what to eat, how to communicate with my spouse, and how to interact with my children. I declare total dependence on You for everything. And I receive all the blessings that Your Word has made available to me for my obedience and trust. Thank You for a new day in this life. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments: