Had To See Uncle Ron!!!!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Today's Passage: Hebrews 10:19-25
Memory Verse: Hebrews 10:19,22

The summer season brings quite a bit of rain in Florida.  One summer (I was probably about 12 years old), it seemed like it rained everyday.  I remember because I was playing in the mud puddles with some friends when my Uncle Ron showed up.  Uncle Ron was THAT GUY.  Whenever he came around, he always had something cool for my brother and me. He talked cool, he walked cool, and he gave us the coolest gifts.  Along with that, he had the fastest motorcycle (so I thought), and the best- looking gold-colored Porsche 944.  Get the picture?  This guy was the bomb! 

So, there I went.  I left my friends at the mud hole in a flash.  I'm yelling "Uncle Ron, Uncle Ron" as I'm running down the street.  Now that I think about it, I believe that's why he came with all that cool stuff.  He liked being appreciated and pursued.  See, he was made in the image of God, and God likes being appreciated and pursued.  That's why He shows up in our praise and worship (lil' nugget).  Anyway, when I got to the house, I saw Uncle Ron standing in the living room.  I ran toward him, only to have my mom stop me.  She said "Uh-uh, child!  You are dirty and need a bath.  Before you come and wallow all over him, go clean yourself up".  She, of course, was right.  Now being a boy, the bath thing wasn't always my favorite activity (keep it real, male readers), but today I didn't mind because the bath was going to give me access to what I wanted and needed.  Our passage today gives us the spiritual explanation of my natural occurence.  Verses 19 and 22 of it says "So, friends, we can now without hesitation walk right up to God, into the Holy Place.  Jesus has cleared the way by the blood of His sacrifice, acting as our priest before God.  The curtain into God's presence is His body.  So let's do it--full of belief, confident that we're presentable inside and out".  We all know if it weren't for Jesus (our cleaner) we would never be "presentable" enough to be in the presence of the Father.  That's why I ran toward the bathtub (felt an anointing right there), I know I needed it.  Uncle Ron was waiting; and although he had come to see us, I wouldn't be able to enjoy his presence without washing off all the dirt (okay, really feelin' You right now God). 

After getting out of the tub, I was able to come hang out with Uncle Ron.  Of course, he took advantage of his time with me by talking about the importance of school and advising me to listen to my mom.  My time with him was always treasured.  I hated for him to leave (guess it was that not having a dad thing).  However, I was always left with the evidence of his presence.  In contrast, the great thing about God is He never leaves us.  He wants us to hang out with Him all the time.  Inasmuch, He, too has the coolest things to say, and nobody has better gifts.  Because of that, I'll always run to Jesus for a heart cleanse.  I'll always seek Him for access to my Father's heart.  Prayerfully, you will too. 

Prayer: Thank You, Father for giving us access to You.  Your presence is a strong tower and mighty fortress.  We appreciate You, too, Jesus for being that sacrifice that allowed us to get there.  You are a wonderful Savior.  No-one comes to the Father without You, Jesus.  So, wash us and prepare us for this holy visitation, in Your name we pray. Amen

No comments: