Encounters: A Must-Have!!!

Thursday, September 15th, 2011

Today's Passage: Exodus chapter 3
Memory Verse> Exodus 3: 4 & 6

I remember it as clearly as if it were yesterday. It was the day I awoke from a dream. The dream that would cause my entire life to change. I was still homebound while recovering from my baby son's birth. One night, I dreamed that I was at this place that sort of looked like an ampitheater. There were many people there -- I'd guess them to be in the thousands. I don't really remember what I was doing; I'm not sure if it was as a singer or a minister of the Word. I just know that I was doing something that was very important to God.

Anyway, while we were there, I noticed this dark blur afar off that kept approaching the place where we were assembled. As it came closer, I noticed that it wasn't a thing, but it was actually the enemy, dressed all in black. The closer he came towards us, I could tell he was aimed at me and not all these people. So I began to speak in tongues , speaking in my heavenly language just as I'd been taught I needed to do in order to defeat him. But he kept coming closer, looking right at me the whole time as though the words I was speaking had no effect on him.

When he was close enough to me that I could almost smell the sulfur on his breath, and I was scared out of my mind, I woke up. That's when I heard the Lord say these words: "The reason you couldn't scare the enemy away is because the enemy knows when your relationship with Me has grown cold. If you barely get in My Presence, how can you claim to walk in the authority I have provided for you? Just begin to seek Me like never before, and you will become a force to reckon with, for I have set you apart to draw many to My throne." Even having been saved since 1991, I can tell you that I've never encountered the Lord like I did that night. It's something I'll never forget. It's a moment in my life that I believe helped me define who I really am -- a worshipper -- and I know for myself that God orchestrated it that way to make sure I wouldn't soon forget it.

Just like Moses, we all have moments of visitation from God. We can choose to acknowledge that it WAS Him reaching down to us and communicating His direction for our lives... or we can choose to reject it, dismissing it as just something that took place to scare or intimidate us into believing in a devil and a hell. Whatever the case, something we CANNOT say is that we know what God wants us to accomplish in this world WITHOUT having had an encounter with Him. God is serious about letting His children know what He wants from us. He wouldn't leave us to guess what our destiny is, or even how He wants us to go about doing it. The Word says that eye has not seen, ear has not heard, nor has it entered into the heart of man what God has in store for His people. But God has revealed it to His children through His Spirit. Absolutely under no circumstances will He leave us in the dark. We simply have to seek Him.

Prayer: Father, I know that I heard Your voice, for You spoke to me just as clearly as You spoke to Moses. Just like his encounter with You, I do want to hear You clearly on a regular basis. Breathe into me the visions and dreams You have for me, and I will tell everyone what You did for me. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: