Prayers That Prevail

Sunday, September 4th, 2011

Today's Passage> Romans 8: 14-39

Memory Verse> Rom. 8: 16-17

Father, I praise You today for the special privilege of being called Your Son. That You would love me so much as to endure the suffering of Your Firstborn and dearly Beloved while He walked this earth is so amazing to me. Everything You allowed Him to walk through was for the purpose of getting Him to the place where He would establish authority not only for Himself against the enemy, but for all those who've accepted the role of sonship.

But as I contemplate all of this, I realize that the privilege of having been made to sit in heavenly places in Christ comes with great responsibility: that of accepting the equally high price of going through suffering on this earth as well. The enemy would have us believe that we should shun suffering or try to avoid it like the plague. But over the years I've come to understand that only suffering puts me in the position to consider myself a joint heir with Christ, walking in the full inheritance and authority that He died to provide.

So today, I embrace every trial that I have to walk through, counting it all joy because You use it all to produce maturity and strength for coming battles. You teach my hands to war and my fingers to fight so that the true evidence of my sonship can be seen through the scars of suffering. I shun, reject, and fall totally out of agreement with the enemy's plan for me to lose my sonship by taking the easy road in this life You've called me to.

As I prepare to enter into Your gates with thanksgiving, and into Your courts with praise, I rejoice that my name has been written in Your Lamb's Book of Life. With all my heart, I make a decision to walk ever more closely with You. May You get all glory out of my life, and may others be drawn to Your kingdom through it. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: