Prayers That Prevail

Sunday, May 29th, 2011

Today's Passage: Luke 6: 27-36
Memory Verse: Lk 6: 32

Father, many who began the journey of following Your principles have turned away because they find them too burdensome to walk out.  But as for me and my house, we shall serve You.   Is it a challenge to love those who are set on our downfall?  Yes, by all means.  But You reassure us that by Your Spirit we can accomplish anything, so we will depend on You.

I have found that many times we give up trying to do things Your way because it's no longer the popular thing to do.  Our society calls us weak- minded and pushovers because we dare to heed Your commands.  But the heart of the matter is that we give up because we don't receive any praise from man for our acts of love.  They shy away from us when we give glory to Your name for giving us the grace to love the unloveable.

Furthermore, I realize that the enemy wants to discourage us from loving Your way because it gets the attention off of us and puts it on You.  Although they hate to admit it, true manifestation of Your love through us, Your children, gives the Holy Spirit the opportunity to draw the very ones -- those who have made themselves our enemies and those who despitefully use us -- to You.

So this morning, as I arise to prepare myself to go to Your house, I ask You to consecrate me.  Please forgive me for the times I forget to ask for Your grace to love.  Holy Spirit, fill me now with Your strength and wisdom to see beyond what I'm looking at.  I love You, and will continue to strive to love wholeheartedly.  For Your glory, and in Jesus' Name, Amen. 

No comments: