Prayers that Prevail

Sunday, May 8th, 2011

Today's Passage: Luke 20: 27-47
Memory Verse: Lk. 20: 47

Father, today I just want to say how grateful I am that You loved me enough to sacrifice Your very own Child for me.  As a parent, I know I would never have been able to conceive of the idea.  It broke Your heart to see Him crushed, but You had such a brilliant plan to obtain more children.  So here I am, washed and restored to Your heart.  

In Your Word today, I receive Your warning not to become more concerned with the arguments and technicalities of what life will be like in the New kingdom.  All You want me to be is concerned with the hope of walking in close relationship with You just like it was in the garden of Eden.  As a believer first, I hold fast to the profession of my faith, which is that You love me, You made provision for me to live abundantly in this life and the next, and that I will bring You glory every day that I live.

Thank You for reminding us that the focus of Your kingdom will not be marrying, and giving in marriage, but love, joy, peace, and fellowshipping with You.  May we enjoy the relationships with our spouses and children that You have given us NOW, while we have them on this earth. May we pour into them only good and not evil all our days.

I renounce and reject every shred of religious attitudes, pretense, or false piety concerning my place in Your kingdom.  I declare that I walk only in the humility that causes me to be sensitive to Your Spirit, concerning myself with pleasing You only and not man.  This day, as I prepare to worship in Your house, I truly thank You for the godly parents You gave us, those who've gone on to be with You, and those who are still with us.  Raise us up to be the godly parents that will point our children to Your heart.

May this and every day be blessed and bring You all the glory.  In Jesus' mighty Name, Amen.   

No comments: