H.U.M.P. Day!!!!!

Wednesday, May 4th, 2011

Today's Passage: Romans 5:1-11
Memory Verse(s):Rom. 5:8

As a mom,I can truly say that it brings me joy to do things for my family. I like having clean underclothes and socks for them to wear. I love it when they say, "That was the best food I ever tasted!" But let's face it-- every now and then, the body gets a little tired, and we make it about us. We think the expectations placed upon us are too high, and we become tempted to have a little pity party.

Thanks to God's mighty grace, this feeling never lasts long. But what DOES last is the feeling of being appreciated. Which brings us to this week's H.U.M.P. Day challenge. Wherever you may find yourself, whether at work, at home, or at school, there's a lady who has made a difference in your life. Show her a little appreciation this week by taking a bit of the load off her shoulders.

I'm sure many mothers would agree with me that the flowers and candy are nice, but the thing that truly goes far is showing us how much we mean by washing the dishes, or keeping the front room clean. Maybe you could give Mom, Auntie or Nana a back rub. If you ask Him, I'm sure God will give you a creative way to be a blessing. Believe me when I say, what you could bless a lady with this week cannot be bought or sold in a store. Be blessed this week, TD Nation, as you give the love of God away to moms everywhere.

No comments: