Sunday Prayer

Sunday, December 12th, 2010

Today's Passage: Psalm 65
Memory Verse: Ps. 65: 3-4

Father, I thank You today for giving me a heart to want to praise You.  The more I see You bless me and others around me, the more You prove Your praiseworthiness.  As I arise this morning, I set my heart towards entering Your house with thanksgiving and praise.  

The most praiseworthy thing about You, God, is that You are determined to get us where You've ordained us to be.  You won't relent until You have all of me.  You've gone to great lengths to capture my heart, so here I am.  I surrender it willingly, knowing that You paid such a great price to obtain it.

When I look back on the times I failed You, choosing my own selfish desires over Your righteousness, I realize the enemy could have totally destroyed me.  But not only did You not let him; You also keep him daily from speaking condemnation over me for the things I did to break Your heart.  It's this tender love and kindness that draws me ever closely to Your arms.

May my praise touch Your heart today.  May the Words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart be acceptable only in Your sight.  You are my Kinsman Redeemer, and I fall at Your feet in total devotion.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.  

No comments: