Prayers That Prevail

Sunday, October 30th, 2011

Today's Passage> Romans 8: 1-17
Memory Verses> Romans 8: 1-2

Father, I am so grateful today for your freedom! Because of what Your Son Jesus accomplished on the cross, I am no longer condemned to live under the law by my own ability, but under a new law. This new law entitles me to allow Your Holy Spirit to breathe Your life into me. By Your Spirit, I now can experience the joy of yielding to Your leading instead of the heartache of failing yet again to live up to Your holy standard on my own.

Today, I choose to come into agreement with Your will for my life. You know the pastures You desire me to feed on, and Your Son's blood purchased the right to drink from pure, clear and still waters. Thank You for the anointing oils and salves that You've made available to bring me relief from the pests that threaten to steal my rest. As long as I'm following You, I have access to the Lamb's inheritance -- provision, peace, and power among other things. No matter what plans are formed by the wolves, lions, and bears that lurk in the shadows, I have no need to fear. For I do not carry the burden of trying to find my own pastures -- You do.

Wherever You lead, I will follow. The hireling's voice I will NOT hear. I'll spend all my days allowing You to order my steps and letting my ways be transformed to Yours. You've introduced to me the life of dying to myself and being content to be with You even through times of suffering -- for that is what gains me access into fellowship with Christ. You will only allow the pains that are necessary for me to be marked and branded as Yours, and I yield to that process willingly, trusting You all the way. Only those who belong completely to You will fully enjoy the benefits of Your ownership.

As all Your sheep arise this day, I pray that we all may respond to Your call and yield to Your leading. May we all recognize the cost of becoming completely Yours as worth the price and stick with it until the process is complete. Your yoke is easy, and Your burden is light. May we all be united in our desire to be so close to one another and to You that other sheep who have not yet submitted themselves will do so freely. In the mighty Name of the Sacrificial Lamb, Jesus, we pray, Amen.

No comments: