Prayers that Prevail

Sunday, October 9th, 2011

Today's Passage> Psalm 23
Memory Verse: Ps. 23: 4

Father, I've never been so aware of how much You care for me like I do now. From the time I can remember, You've always let me know You were there. Even in times when I doubted Your love for me because of the lies told by those who were being used by the enemy, I knew deep inside that my life had purpose. And if my life meant something, then I couldn't possibly just be here taking up space.

One of the most vivid moments I remember when I KNEW You were with me was during the war, when the bombs were being dropped all around us and we didn't know which moment would be our last. Even then, again I knew You were in control, and that those who lost their lives were not just doing so by chance. You knew each of Your children by name, and not one of them left this earth without Your knowledge and say-so. Before I gave You my heart, I experienced Your love and concern for me in a personal way.

Now that I'm walking with You, how can I ever doubt You? How dare I allow fear to make me feel that You are far away? I choose instead to remember how well You've taken care of me all this time, even when I was lost. I pray now for my brothers and sisters who may be going through a time of great pain. No matter what, may they accept the fact that they belong to You, and nothing they do can keep You from taking care of Your own.

As we all arise to give You praise, may we all remember what a blessing it is to be the sheep of Your pasture. May we sing of Your faithfulness, and inspire others to draw closer to You. Manifest Yourself to us all as our Great Shepherd, and we'll forever stay under Your covering. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: