Prayers that Prevail

Sunday, October 16th, 2011

Today's Passage> Numbers 14:1-25
Memory Verse> Numbers 14:8

Father, You are Jehovah Roha, my Shepherd, the One Who takes good care of me. I acknowledge You as the answer to every question I've ever had concerning my life. You are the Healer of every disease, physical as well as spiritual. I truly find rest in the shelter of Your arms. Whenever I've strayed, I've found out the hard way that finding my own path is not Your will for me.

One of the toughest lessons I've had to learn was that just because a path LOOKED good did not make it so. At first glance, it just looked like it was the road That would fulfill the hunger I had at that moment. But when I actually strayed from You, I found nothing but rocks and thorns. The green pastures I thought I'd seen actually did not even come close to existing on this road. I realized I'd walked away from the most fulfilling nourishment for that which did not satisfy.

Another drawback to walking away from Your goodness is that I opened myself up to condemnation from the enemy of my soul, the thief who comes to steal, kill and destroy every good and perfect gift that You have provided. Thanks to Your unconditional love, I didn't have to be subjected to it for long. You cover me with Your grace, and he has to flee whenever he brings up my past failures. I'm so grateful to You for providing a safe haven for me to regain my rest.

Now that I'm coming into the revelation of how awesomely You love and take care of me, I arise today with praise and worship in my heart. I want You to know that my life is completely Yours. And as I join my praise with that of my brothers and sisters in Your house today, may the thief's plans for us all be scattered. May he release his hold on every sheep that You've purchased with the blood of Your precious Son, Jesus. And may none of us stray from Your loving arms again. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: