Obey Your Thirst!!!

Thursaday July, 15, 2010

Today's Passage: John 4:10
Memory Verse:

92, 94, 93, 92, and 94 are the temps for the the 5-day forecast where we live. Don't get me wrong, I love Florida but this is hot! When it's this hot things usually become dry, brittle, and dusty. We as Floridians usually run to our nearest watering holes to find relief. I think that's the way God wants us to be in the spirit also, always searching for water for relief of dry places.

Jesus told the Samaritan woman "If you knew the generosity of God and who I am, you would be asking me for a drink, and I would give you fresh, living water". It's God's will for us to have whatever we need. He never withholds anything from us. When we need things, it's our priority to know where to go to recieve them. If we don't know where to get them, we end up like the woman in our passage who tried to find life among dead things. We must know the generosity of God. We must also know those generosities come by way of Jesus. John 3:16 says that God loved the world so much He "gave". His generosity is no secret. He gives life to all who'll call on Him. Getting back to our devotional, we all experience seasons of dryness. There are times when our prayers seem like they leave our lips and fall straight to the floor. It seems our songs are just noise, and we can't seem to connect with God on any level. Jesus made it quite clear what we should do if we find ourselves in this situation: Ask. Ask Him for that time of refreshing you so desperately need. Ask Him for that fresh breath of life, or better yet for water. He said He'd give us fresh, living water. Imagine how that would feel in a hot, dry place. Go ahead, let Him pour it on your face, hands, or over your head. He's ready to give you all the refreshment you require. When you're thirsty, that thirst needs to be quenched. And not just anything will do. On a hot day coffee is not going to refresh you, neither will hot chocolate or milk. Only something cold will do. Your thirst, if you follow it, will lead you to the true "Quencher". So obey your thirst!!!

Prayer: Lord I come to You for fresh water in a dry place. You are the only One who can supply me with it. I totally depend on You for sustenance of my life. When I'm dry and parched I'll find myself in You. I love You forever, in Jesus' name...Amen!

No comments: