The Curses of Witchcraft and Harming the Innocent

Friday, July 2nd, 2010

Today's Passage: Mark 11: 12-14, 20-21
Memory Verse: Gal. 3: 1

Many may find it hard to believe, but witchcraft or sorcery is just as real today as it was in the days of the disciples.  The word "witchcraft" is defined as "medication, magic, sorcery -- or a person who is a druggist or poisoner" (pp. 128-129, Ten Curses that Block the Blessing).  We've already expressed how important it is not to speak destructive words over ourselves or others.  Now we need to expose the possibility that you may not be experiencing success in a certain area because someone may have spoken death, failure, or sickness upon you in that area. 

Because of how easy it is for words to be spoken without realizing their effect, it is possible that someone you know may have done this -- knowingly or unknowingly putting a curse on you.  Let me give you a personal example to prove my point.  When I was about 10 or so, I had a heated argument with an extended family member on my mother's side. Although very young, I remember the resentment I felt towards this family member, who lived with us and spent most of his waking hours drinking and annoying everyone.  That particular day, I was fed up with him being around, and told him as much.  As we went back and forth, I finally said, "I hope you die!"  I thought that all I was doing was ending the argument by having the last word.  But within the next 3 months or so, that man was hit by a car and died on the spot.  I believe that my words were spoken with enough passion to literally curse this person. Today's passage shows that the power of words spoken with passion has a life-changing impact.  Search your heart and life for any times when someone may have done the same over your life for whatever reason.  Begin to break the curse of their words over your life, and receive healing in Jesus' Name.

The next curse that blocks God's blessing in our lives is the harming of the innocent, or the shedding of innocent blood.  Often we can apply this in a spiritual way when we address slander or backbiting among believers, because spiritually we are tearing into the flesh of the person without a cause.  But what I want to focus on is literally shedding the blood of human beings, causing death.  The most common cause in our society today is abortion, where millions of God's precious babies are destroyed for one reason or another.  No matter how justified we think the reason to be (research to end cancer; rape or incest; deformity of the fetus; unwed mother, etc.), God's standard will always be "THOU SHALL NOT KILL".  We seem to respect animal life so much more than the only life with a soul that God breathed into -- humanity.  For this reason, it seems as if God looks away while so many atrocities are committed.  I am sure that if we were to research areas where natural disasters and other things happen to end human life on a large scale, we would find that innocent blood has been shed.  Let's even look at how easy it is for people -- even young children nowadays -- to take the lives of others without a second thought.  There is a curse released on our society because we have turned a deaf ear to the cry of the innocent blood being shed daily.

I'll be the first to tell you that I am by no means condemning anyone.  But in order to seek God's complete healing, we must look sin in the face and confront it, repenting and completely turning away.  I didn't realize how common abortion was in my family until I found myself in an abortion clinic years ago, getting rid of my own baby because I wasn't yet married and was still in school.  The chilling thing was that I had already accepted Christ in my heart; yet even though I heard the compassion in the voices of the believers that day as they stood across the street from the clinic, begging me not to kill my unborn child, I ignored them and proceeded to get rid of this "inconvenience".  I am committed to uprooting this iniquity so that my daughter and her daughter never have to open themselves up to such a curse.  If you're reading this and are contemplating abortion, THERE IS A WAY OUT.  But if you're like me and have already done this, THERE IS HEALING, FORGIVENESS AND FREEDOM FROM THE CURSE THROUGH THE BLOOD OF JESUS.  I praise God for giving me four beautiful children today, in spite of my selfish decision.  As you repent for your sin, ask God to break the curse over you and your family.  He is faithful to forgive and restore.    

For those of us who may not personally have had this experience, take a moment to pray for God to touch the hearts of lawmakers who have made it so easy for the devil to wreak havoc on our society through abortion.  Pray with us that hearts will be turned back to God's way before the end-time harvest, and before Jesus comes back.  Let's pray a breaking of this curse off of America.

Prayer: Father, we as a people have done many evil things to break Your heart.  Please forgive us for our sin of shedding innocent blood, or watching it done and pretending not to notice.  Give us clean hands and pure hearts, and help us fight for justice for the innocent.  As our hearts turn back to You, break the back of the enemy in this area, and break the curse over our lives, so that we can bring glory to Your Name.  In Jesus' Name, we ask this, Amen.    

1 comment:

AloeJoy said...

I realize today how important it is to really pray and ask the Lord for forgiveness and I dnt mean just a kiss, I'm talking about on my face prayn. I thought I put abortion behind me and that it wouldnt come up but, I now know that I must seek the Lord on this more so that I may get the healing that I need. Then the Memory verse for today, wow! Chapter 3 of Gal. TRUST IN CHRIST, NOT THE LAW!! Thank you sister.