It's Tea Time!

Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011

Today's Passage: Jeremiah 29:10-14 (NKJ)
Memory Verse: Jeremiah 29:11 (NKJ)

I was so happy when Yassah allowed me to drink Arizona Green Tea again.  I had gotten into trouble because I drank too many of them too frequently.  So in order to keep her darling husband from overdoing it, she handed down the decree that I'd have to drink water for a while.  Finally, I was able to buy one.  After buying it, I sat it aside with special plans for it.  I thought frequently about when I'd bring it out and enjoy it again.  I don't know how many times I opened the refridgerator to make sure it was still in place, unmolested by greedy kids and my out-of-control behavior (lol).

Okay, maybe you don't like green tea that much, but you can still imagine having something special in your possession.  You know what it is, and its purpose for existing.  Therefore, it is extremely valuable to you.  Not only that, there's a specific moment when you plan to unleash that purpose and destiny.  Likewise, we are God's special prize.  None of us were brought into existence by accident.  He purposed for us to be here. 

Some may say they didn't have a good beginning.  Maybe your upbringing was financially challenged, or your home was more like the Simmons' than the Huxtables.  It doesn't matter.  God has a plan for you.  He has sanctified you (set you aside...like my tea) for a specific purpose.  God's word in the Book of Jeremiah says "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope".  Listen, when the Creator of Heaven and Earth says He thinks about you, you're in a good place!  And since He is incapable of thinking evil about you, His thoughts have to consistently be of love, companionship, and blessing.  Don't think you've done too much to be in relationship with Him.  He's waiting for you.  Besides, You wouldn't preserve something you're planning to throw away would you?  Well God wouldn't sanctify what He plans to destroy.  But wait, this part excites me even more.    He didn't require Jeremiah to be taller, or smarter, or richer, or lighter, or darker.  He never told Jeremiah to be anything but obedient.  So lose the 'I need to be like them' mentality.  You don't need it. He never required you to speak like him, or sing like her.  He knows what you can and can't do, yet He still has an awesome plan for your life.  What does that tell you?  Each day, He looks to make sure you're where He placed you.  He doesn't want you to be tainted by the greed of the world and its ideals.  Besides, the world is your mission, not your destiny.  Pretty soon, God's going to release that purpose for which you were born.  So be ready.  Don't spend another day being a slave to the past.  In contrast, you should spend each moment preparing for a bright and glorious future.  Hmmm, that made me thirsty.  Would anyone like some tea?

Prayer:  Gracious God, You are everything we need.  Thank You for giving our lives purpose.  When we were living without You, we didn't know what we were here for.  But now, through You, life has meaning.  Mere words will never be able to express what You mean to us.  So we'll just let Your praise continually be in our mouths, in Jesus' name.  Amen 

      

No comments: