I Want More

Wednesday, March 14th> Psalm chapter 51

How can we keep our hearts in a state of readiness to receive God's correction and direction so that we don't become hard and calloused? The worst state a believer can be in is one of rebellion and stubbornness, refusing to acknowledge those areas where we fall short. Only in a constant state of readiness to be corrected can we be fully used.

It boils down to this simple thing: do we want to just EXIST with the name Christian, or do we want to be active? Do we want God to use us to interrupt the lives of others by showing up in their situations with signs and wonders? Or do we just want to occupy a church pew every now and then? I want more from God, and to whom much is given, even more is required. I'm required to not be satisfied with just having my "big sins" forgiven, but to be willing to let God deal with the "little", hidden ones I think I can get by with. I want no doors left open that can give the enemy a foothold into my life.

No comments: