Prayers that Prevail

Sunday, December 11th, 2011

Today's Passage> 2 Samuel chapter 12
Memory Verse > Psalm 51:10

Father, I am so grateful to You for Your relentless love.  You created within me a deep desire to obey You no matter what.  But You also know that the body of sin I was born into must go through the process of dying to itself and being filled with You from the inside out.  So You allow me to experience resistance in order to build that rebellion against the enemy's attempts to get me to compromise.

I choose today to come into agreement with Your spirit of discernment.  I ask You to help me expose my ulterior motives for those things I call my "desires";  anything that serves as a gate to the enemy I now close in the Name of Jesus.  I repent for those things I HAVE allowed in -- negative attitudes and thoughts that are contrary to Your Word, and I allow Your Holy Spirit to begin to reveal them .  I thank You that there is always a way of escape out of every temptation, and every trial comes to test my devotion and build resistance so that I can experience and discover Your perfect will for my life.

My Potter and my Shepherd, I give You free course to break my will and mould me into everything You designed.  I will partner with You and keep my mind stayed on You with my heart established and settled, not wandering and wavering based on my current circumstances.  It is You Who have made me, so You alone know what Your plan is.  I make a commitment to stay in Your pasture and be CONTENT with what You have provided for this season.

As my brothers and sisters arise all over this world, may Your Holy Spirit settle them on these matters as well.  Remind them that they are here for Your purpose, and  fill them with the desire ONLY to bring You glory-- not to lust after what they were not meant to have.  May Your Name be glorified and lifted high today.  And may the enemy's plan to separate us from You be destroyed from its root.  In Jesus' mighty Name.  Amen.

No comments: